Thursday 2 June 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #176

Hey!

I'm excited to say that for this month over at CAS Colours & Sketches I am the hostess, which means I have picked the colour combos and drawn the sketches to *hopefully* inspire you all. I do hope you like them and I really look forward to seeing you join in :)

Ok, so it's the first of the month which means it's a colour challenge. I think I have started things off with a pretty fun and simple combination...




With Summer just around the corner (for some of us & supposedly us in the UK!) I thought florally inspired combination would be fun.

Though I decided to go with butterflies for my card...




This set English Country Garden Butterflies is due back in stock over the weekend (available for pre order now along with other clear stamp sets) and so I thought I would dust my set off and give it some love.

I was also inspired by the current Freshly Made Sketches sketch seen HERE and below for the layout of my card. 




Iv'e been wanting to get some more ink blending practice in and so I masked a rectangle off and started blending the Rose Red to Blushing Bride and then to So Saffron, going back & forth between the colours blending until I was happy with the result! I still need a little more practice I think but I am enjoying the results.




The butterfly is stamped in VersaMark onto vellum and heat embossed with detail white embossing powder. After I fussy cut the butterfly out I decided to add some Wink of Stella to it for a little subtle sparkle. The sentiment also from the set is stamped in VersaFine Onyx Black ink.

I do apologise for being absent on the blogs recently, just when I think I am getting back into the swing of things I come down with a hacking cough and snuffles :( It's half term too which means all the playgroups we go to are closed and it's been a tough week keeping the beans entertained! 

Ok, that's all from me today, I do hope you will pop by the CAS Colours & Sketches blog HERE to check out the rest of the Design Team & Guest Designer Fiona's inspiration. I look forward to seeing you in the gallery & have fun!

10 comments:

  1. The butterfly looks gogeous like this! Hope you have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SOOOOO cool! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colour choices Bev and a super card. I love the colour blending and how CAS this card is. Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful blending! Very pretty vellum butterfly too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these colours - so pretty! Your card is just lovely and I do like the pretty butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty - love the blended background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another stunner Bev - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how the colored background sets off the white butterfly - and I also love the white-on-white look of the right side of the card! It's a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Thank you for this inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colour choices especially as I sit here wondering about turning the heat back on!! :( I love your sponged panel and the butterfly is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated