Thursday 21 April 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #170

Hey!

Sorry I have been so quiet creatively this past week, with being ill and then the anniversary of my mothers death this week I haven't been feeling so great. I have spent time organising and preparing for Happy Stampers Festival and will share some photos soon ;)

Anyway, I'm back today with my design team card for this weeks CAS Colours & Sketches challenge HERE. This week is colour week and our hostess this month Louise has chosen this colour combo to inspire us...




Though the combo features a favourite of mine, turquoise I was a little stumped at first with the theme of my card! 

This is what I came up with...




With the Happy Stampers Festival fast approaching I have some more restocks coming at the weekend, English Country Garden Butterflies & Natures Treasures II being a couple of them. So I thought I would give them some LOVE and I think they suit the colours too :)




I needed some extra help with my creativity, so I turned to the new Freshly Made Sketches sketch seen HERE and above for my card. 




After colouring sections of the butterfly in with my SU! markers, I added some clear Wink of Stella and I went overboard on the tiny rhinestone embellishment to the swirly leaves ;)

Ok, that's all from me today, I will be back with the design team and guest designer with a Uniko Challenge reminder. Until then, thanks for stopping by and hope to see you HERE in the CC&S gallery :)




9 comments:

  1. Very pretty and I love the way you have used the negative space for the horizontal strip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Bev! And I agree, it's pretty funny we both chose butterflies - even more funny, my initial card had a butterfly on it too! Anyway, I love your interpretation of the sketch and the way you've used the colours - gorgeous. Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful how you used a butterfly with these colours; I wouldn't have thought of doing that! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the use of the challenge colours in the butterfly and the tiny touches of bling. Great use of the sketch too. A very beautiful CAS card
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uniko used to perfection Bev, so inspiring to see an artist using their own creations on a card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card.. love the split in the center, the colors and butterfly are great..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you've split your card and the placement of the sentiment, keeping everything grouped together. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card; I love the flourish in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is clean and beautiful, Beverley! I love the pretty detail with these stamps. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated