Thursday 23 October 2014

TIME OUT Challenge - Inspired By Words

Hey!

YAY, I finally found a spare few minutes to be creative and make a couple of cards! The little beans love their pram and going for walks so after they've been fed either in the morning or afternoon, I pop them in their snow bear suits, into the pram and take them for a walk to get them to sleep. Once we are back I leave them snuggled in their pram just outside the studio door and get creative! It doesn't work like that everyday, but now we are getting more into a routine I think it might become a regular way of me finding 'time' in the studio.

Anyway, today is challenge #17 over at TIME OUT Challenges and we are back to being inspired by words, the phrase for this fortnights challenge is...


Birds of a feather flock together


What do these words inspire you to create? I was inspired by the words music and love, which resulted in this card...





Inspired by the words 'feather' out came the Paradise - Hummingbird clear stamp set! I kept my card super CAS, mainly to save on time so I could create a few more cards!! 

I was also inspired by THESE cards by Maile Belles, I really love the cutting technique. With keeping the hummingbird black I added a good dose of glitter to the white areas of the bird...





This fortnight we have a lovely guest designer joining us, Jill, be sure to stop by Jill's blog HERE to see how she was inspired by the photo and of course the FABulous TIME OUT Challenges Design Team...




For all the info and to link up your challenge be sure to stop by the TIME OUT Challenges blog. I look forward to seeing your creations :) I'll be back soon with more to share, until then, thank you for stopping by today.



Supplies:
Card Stock: White from stash. PTI Berry Sorbet
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black. 
Stamps: Uniko Studio Paradise - Hummingbird
Accessories: Hero Arts Prisma Glitter & Foam Adhesive

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Bev! I'm glad you've found a way to get crafty and get TIME OUT for yourself! :) I love the glitter on your hummingbird and the cutting style sure is fab. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased you got time to craft and you sure made a stunning card. I love the coloured strip and the way you have positioned the bird across this...will have to check out the post you mention. Glitter on the bird is just perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that you found time to make this stunning card! So great the way it draws your eye from the bird to the sentiment! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for finding creative time Bev! I love the shimmer on the bird...stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, Bev! Love the cut panel and the stunning, glittery hummingbird :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that the beans enjoy their 'pram' time, allowing you an opportunity to craft! Looks to me like your creativity is flourishing well, because this card is stunning! A wonderfully inspired take on the phrase! Happy dancing at seeing you taking time for 'you' to dazzle and delight us!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple, stunning, dramatic, Bev ... love the cut out panel! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated