Monday 14 July 2014

Happy Monday!

Hey & Happy Monday!

I do hope your week has got off to a lovely start, mine has & again my apologies for the lack of post yesterday! It's a time management thing ;) things are taking me WAY longer than I plan them to! I thought I would share a photo as to what I was up to yesterday which stopped me from creating in the studio...




Nursery wall decorating! We ordered the giant Mickey Mouse thinking he would arrive pre cut, but he didn't so I got to work cutting him out and he was considerably easy to mount on the wall. The names however considering they were pre cut were the trickiest part. It was all worth it though as we are over the moon with the result :) Only a few more things to buy & sort for the room, including some other Disney wall decals! 

I do have a card to share with you all today, another sample from one of the classes on Saturday...




We got our shake on and made this shaker card. I have to admit this was the first EVER shaker card I have made. I've always thought them to be complicated, but I was surprised at how easy they are to make! So you might just see more of these on the blog!




I love the baby wipe technique and it's featured again in a small amount with the ditsy flowers from Background Builders: Vines :)

That's all I have for today, I had better go and get the tea started! I'll be back tomorrow with more to share & until then, thank you for stopping by today :)



13 comments:

  1. OOOOOHHHHH! That nursery is sooooooo cute and amazing. You may not have had time in your studio but your creative skills were certainly in action in the nursery. Love your shaker card too and the vibrant colours are perfect.
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shaker card.I don't think I have ever made one either...must have ago! Mickey mouse looks fab as do the names. Doesn't look like much room for babies in those cots though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is quite a few cuddly toys in the cot beds, waiting for a new unit from Ikea to put the toys on & in! The 'lil beans will have room when needed, luckily they have Moses Baskets for the first few weeks!

      Delete
  3. A lovely card and an even lovlier nursery! Your two little ones look like they will be suitably spoilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the room looks so sweet for your new boys! Can't wait to see pictures of them. Have four boys so plenty of boy knowledge year :) Love your card too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful nursery decor!! It looks great! Those names you've picked are awesome too ;)

    Glad to hear the shaker card was easy to do...I've never made one either. Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, I love the disney themed nursery!!!!! Very lucky babies xxxx

    Yipee, you have created an amazing shaker card and I can assure you Bev, you will be hooked!!! I know I am. Mega busy with the kids just now due to summer holidays and so just not getting any craft time at all :-( hopefully be back in the swing of it in a few weeks time. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The nursery looks fab - looking forward to first pics of the lil beans when they make an appearance :)

    Great shaker card - I am new to them too but they are addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The nursery is just adorable. I love the style of the dual crib along with the boys' names on the wall.

    Your shaker card is fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness, Bev, but that nursery looks incredibly cozy, warm and welcoming! The little beans - or rather, Josh and Ben (fabulous names!) - are two fortunate boys to be so incredibly loved! Your first shaker card: nothing short of awesome!! Your post has me smiling all over my face and in my heart! My niece and nephew (4 and 2) are such gifts to my life; being an aunt is my best. job. ever. I can tell already: you will be an amazing mom - and the joy you'll have with the little guys will be exponential! Hugs ~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely nursery and Mickey decor. Can hardly believe you have chosen names already - super organised. I hope you share pics of the lil beans when they arrive.

    Great card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great theme for the nursery! It looks so cheerfull! Great names! Not affraid that, when you look them in the eye you feel that the names are not suited?
    Fun colours in your shakercard! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated