Thursday 27 March 2014

TIME OUT Challenge #2

Hey!

It looks like a lot of you enjoyed the new TIME OUT Challenge, it was lovely to see so many entries for the first challenge. I'm still working my way through to comment but I'll be stopping by all the lovely entries :)

Anyway, it's time for a new challenge and this week it is 'Home Sweet Home' a picture inspiration challenge. 



Photo Source: House Decorating Ideas


You can probably guess which direction I went in for my card. Most of you know I'm a sucker for butterflies!




Such a fresh & clean inspiration photo I decided to interpret this onto my card. I went for a textured white card base and a smooth white panel adhered to the base using foam adhesive. I dug through my patterned paper stash and found some lovely Pink Paislee paper. I die cut three patterned paper butterflies using the Designer Dies BRIGHT Butterflies and also three matching vellum butterflies and layered them as seen below.




As much as I love pattern & patterned paper being a surface pattern designer by 'trade', sometimes they can be over powering, especially on CAS cards. Adding the vellum butterfly over the top of the patterned butterfly softens the pattern & also adds depth.

Ok, that's all from me today, but there is SO much more inspiration from the FABulous Design Team  HERE and also all the details on the challenge & entering. I can't wait to see what you create for this challenge :)


Supplies
Card Stock: White from stash
Ink: SU! Peach Parfait (Retired)
Stamps: Uniko Studio Flower Power #1
Accessories: Uniko Studio Designer Dies BRIGHT Butterflies, Pink Paislee Prairie Hill Paper Collection, SU! Vellum, Pearls & Foam Adhesive.

16 comments:

  1. Simply stylish and beautiful Beverley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Bev, so clean and crisp and the DSP adds a great little touch with a nod to the butterfly pattern on the photo. I love the idea of adding the vellum on top to soften the DSP. I must buy some vellum and try this x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the subtile colours and design of your card! And went for just tiny butterflies myself, çause I haven't met any cardmaker who doesn't like them... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card, love how you've softened the paper butterflies underneath. Great take on the inspiration photo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bev this is so soft and absolutely gorgeous. I love the sweet little pearls and the softness of the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card. It is so soft and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so beautiful. Love the soft look the vellum gives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Bev, so CAS! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Bev, so soft, stylish, feminine and fresh! Great idea with the vellum and patterned paper. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply lovely, Bev ... fresh and spring-like and soft and delicate! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, just love those vellum butterflies over the patterned paper ones - simply gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those butterflies are beautiful. I love the addition of the vellum to soften them. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card, Bev - I can never ignore a butterfly and your vellum butterflies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the soft colors and vellum...fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh love the butterfly decorated bedding and the sweet card you made.
    The pop of colour beneath the vellum wings is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated