Thursday 19 December 2013

Countdown to Christmas Day 19

Hey!

So I am a little more organised today & the Christmas craziness is slowly calming down as the day approaches. I've had time for a little self indulgence and 'crafty play' time this morning and I was itching to have a go at these FABulous paper snowflakes...




My friend Jackie from college had made some large snowflake decorations like this which were hanging in her hallway on Monday when I popped to her house before our trip to York. We were all so curious as to how to make them that she gave us a little tutorial and then I came across a pin on Pinterest to THIS video tutorial!




 I decided to make a mini snowflake and my squares of paper are 160gsm so they are a little more sturdy than copy paper and they are 10 x 10 cm in size. I then stamped both sides of the squares using Stunning Snowflakes and I chose to work with the Curtain Call Challenge colours again seen HERE and below. There is still plenty of time to play along in the challenge :)




Just think of all those double sided scrapbook papers you are hoarding that can be put to good use to make lovely paper snowflakes! Admit it you're like me and have tons of them ;) The photos don't really do it justice, it looks SO much better in real life, though I wished I'd added some glitter to the stamped snowflakes so it will glint & glimmer when the lamp is on which it is hanging from! 

Ok, that's all from me today, I'll be back tomorrow with more to share. Until then thank you for stopping by & joining me in my countdown to Christmas :)

Supplies
Paper: Staples 160gsm White
Ink: VersaMagic Sea Breeze. VersaColor Cinnamon, SU! Crumb Cake
Stamps: Uniko Studio Stunning Snowflakes
Accessories: Sissors, Double Sided Tape & String 

4 comments:

  1. Wow: gorgeous snowflakes! You're right, I have some scrapbook paper that needs some attention, and these snowflakes look soooo inviting! Off to check the tutorial! Again, your creativity is amazing!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful & delicate snowflake...LOVE it!! Thank you so much for sponsoring us over at The Curtain Call!!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated