Thursday 15 August 2013

August Release Winner & a card!

Hey!

Firstly today I'm back to announce the WINNER of the entire August Release & the Time Clear Stamp Set! 

WOW! What a lot of comments for this release, that makes me super happy! So, I asked Karl to pick a number between 1-238 and he picked number 17 & so the winner is....



Loving those dies! Everything is very well done and the DT's are all doing a great job.

Congratulations Kateri! Send me an email with your mailing address to beverley@unikostudio.com & I will get your goodies in the mail to you :) 

THANK YOU again for everyone who joined in with the August Release, Sneak Peeks & Introducing posts it really makes my day to see people enjoying the inspiration here on the blog and also the Design Team & Guest Designers blogs. We appreciate each and every person that stops by and views our creations and shares the love in the comments :)

Ok, how about a card to inspire you today...




I had a rough idea in my head of a card using the large thank you sentiment from All Occasion Sentiments #3 with a Autumn feel to it. The stamped leaves were the result of me playing around and testing ideas out on a scrap piece of paper and I really like the effect. 




I used 2 of the leaf stamps from Natures Treasures 1 and stamped them round in a circle. I did the smaller leaf first and then over stamped with the larger leaf in a darker shade of orange for the ones on the left and a darker shade of green for the top right.

Switching the colours to subtle ones mixed with brights would be a good alternative if you wanted something less Autumn. I know Summer isn't quite over and I don't want it to be really but I can see the colours in the garden changing which I guess was my inspiration for this card. Along with the need for more thank you cards!

That's all from me today & tomorrow Gayatri has a wonderful inspiration post prepared to share with you. Thanks for stopping by & be sure to stop by tomorrow!

Supplies
Card Stock: SU! Poppy Parade. White from stash
Ink: SU! Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive & Lucky Limeade. PTI Summer Sunrise

5 comments:

  1. What a nice idea, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours and a clever idea Bev. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog - in answer to your question my son gets married on 14th September in Ilfracombe. I am up to my elbows in icing at the moment so I haven't had time to try out my new stamps properly and no time to join in the challenge this month unfortunately. I need a 48 hour day, know the feeling? Enjoy the 6th and I look forward to seeing a pic of your day on your blog!All will be revealed on my blog after 14th.- Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty and inspiring card :) I am inspired indeed. Love the light and bright shades of colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful and creative card. I love the autumn feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HUGE CONGRATS Kateri!!! Fabulous Autumn card Bev :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated